Last Modified on January 15, 2019
Welcome! Thank you for visiting Storr, Inc. ( "Storr", "we", or "us" ). To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our website www.storr.co and our other related mobile websites, mobile Storr applications ( "mobile apps” ), services, tools, and other applications (collectively and individually, the "Site” ). The Site is owned and operated by Storr.
Scope and Consent
Information We Collect
- Registration and Account Information: You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (i.e., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number and physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
- Information to respond to your requests: You may give us your personal information so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Your Choices below.
Social Media Information: We may offer
sign-on services that allow you to use third-party login
credentials to access the Site. We also may offer services
that allow you to share information with third-party social
media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter,
Instagram, and others.
- Information About Others/Inviting Friends: From time to time you may choose to submit personal information about other people to invite them to join Storr. Inviting friends is always optional.
- Information From Other Sources: The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, additional contact information) that we have acquired in accordance with the law.
- Content You Post and Associate With Your Profile on the Site: The community and posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to provide us with information regarding your opinions and reviews of products. Also, your profile may contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content you post, and recommendations you make, may provide information about your beliefs to us.
- Mobile Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, mobile number, emails or email address, user name, financial information, photos, and passwords).
Technical Usage Information: When you visit
our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your
computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you
are using the Sites ("usage information”). We use
tracking technologies (including
embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers)
to collect usage information. We may use tracking technologies
for a variety of purposes, including:
- Operationally-Necessary. We may use tracking technologies required for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of shopping cart functionality. We are not required to obtain your consent to tracking technologies that are operationally necessary.
- Functionality-Related. We may use tracking technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the website before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest.
- Targeting-Related.We may use tracking technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our online service and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access. Further information on this, and your opt-out choicesK, is below.
We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
Uses and Retention
- Operate Our Site:We use the information collected to (i) respond to your requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising, that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; and (v) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information: We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Prevent Fraud: We use information from the Site to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- Communicate With You: We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
Mobile Data: When you access the Site on a
mobile device, we may use the information collected for any
use this information to provide you with advertising, search
results, and other personalized content.
We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Storr on the Site or by following instructions within the notices.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- Charitable Organizations. We will share your personal information with certain public-interest or charitable organizations to which you elect to donate through the Site as required for reporting purposes, to secure tax benefits on your behalf or to comply with applicable law.
- Service Providers and Other Third Parties. We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection, payment processing, and site analytics and operations).
- Other Entities with your Consent. Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- Legal and Law Enforcement. Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Storr user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Companies In The Mobile App Industry. If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we may also share your information with mobile carriers, operating systems and platforms.
Information You Share on the Site
Communication Preferences and Marketing (Opt-out)
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us or through your account/profile settings. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings.
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that Storr sets, so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers, that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Registered members can review and change personal information at any time by accessing their accounts on the Site, except for photos, which may be removed on request. You should promptly update your personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. We may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze or troubleshoot programs, enforce our Terms of Service, or take other actions permitted by law. Likewise if your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration.
Notice to California Residents
- Third Party Disclosures: Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at CaliforniaRequest@storr.co. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- How Do We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Storr responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Storr does not honor “do not track” signals sent by your browser. Additionally, Storr may collect user information about your online activities over time and across different websites or authorize third parties to do so.
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. We maintain reasonable technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group. You must be at least 16 years of age to create an account.
Notification Regarding Updates
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Storr: 821 Sansome St., San Francisco, CA 9411
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to visit the online service. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built into or downloaded by you to your device. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies or HTML5 cookies on your device, some parts of our online services may not function properly, and that when you revisit our online service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our online service’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the online service, to monitor how users navigate the online services, to count how many e-mails we sent that were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the online service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the online service and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers, an ETag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of device identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
The following third parties that collect information from you on our Sites have given us notice that you may obtain information on their policies and practices, and in some instances opt-out of certain of their activities, as follows:
|Party||Service||For More Information||Use of Tracking Technologies||Privacy Choices|
|Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, Ads Preferences Manager, and Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on||Yes||See information links in prior column|
PLEASE NOTE: We are not responsible for third-party policies or practices. We try to keep this information current and will add to and subtract from the chart above as appropriate, but it is provided as a courtesy and may not be current or accurate. Please contact the applicable third parties regarding their privacy and data security policies and practices.
Terms of Service
Please read the Terms of Service governing the use of the Site, the App and the Service.